A list of the open-source, freeware, shareware and micro-ISV software that I use for development purposes 🙂
- Taskbar Shuffle (freeware)
- Rearrange your Windows taskbar
- Cropper (shared source)
- Screen capture utility
- Utopia Angel (advertising supported)
- While I have this mainly for the calculators it provides for the game Utopia, it also includes a clipboard manager and a screen ruler. Very useful.
- If you prefer to avoid the advertising-supported bit, you may prefer JRuler (freeware). I have not used any other clipboard manager.
- Notepad2 (open source)
- Very simple, fast text editor with syntax highlighting.
- Metapath (open source)
- A file manager that integrates nicely with Notepad2. So you can easily work with a range of files in Notepad2.
- FileZilla (open source)
- An FTP client.
- UMLPad (open source)
- Drawing certain (class, sequence, state and activity) UML diagrams.