- Probably some sort of widget “thing” for showing people what books you have/like
- Because serving images with a <img> tag is not good enough anymore
- Presumably he uses this as his blog host
- For affiliate links
- This was the domain the blog was on
- Google ads
- As a guess, providing visitor statistics
Kinda reminds of the way that everyone seems to be having a great time introducing dependency hell into all their desktop apps too.
I sometimes wonder about the privacy implications for users if visiting one site requires hits on a dozen other servers. It’s getting a bit crazy.